Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Costume SuperCenter Review

So, at the beginning of August, I was contacted by Costume SuperCenter to see if I'd like to review one of their products in exchange for a "fair and honest review" ← my kinda deal, as I would hate to lie to you all!  So, I said yes.

Being a mom and daycare provider - shopping for myself is out of the question, so I headed straight over to the kids costumes (which are all adorable, by the way!).  I don't know about you all, but I have a really hard time finding boys costumes.  There are all sorts of girly costumes out there, princesses, rock stars, everything -- but finding something for boys is pretty difficult. Sure, you can get superhero suits by the dozen, but I was looking for something more lasting, so I clicked my way through to the boys Halloween Costumes.

I was quite impressed by the selection - a fireman, a policeman, a doctor...I've seen these all at other stores, but they are, quite honestly garbage -- made of crappy plastic bits and parts...so I was a little bit skeptical when I ordered the Jr. White Astronaut Suit Costume for Isaac.

We waited, it took about 2 weeks for it to get here (from California, that's pretty good, I've had things take MUCH longer to reach me) -- opened it up and was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of this thing!  It's made of a nylon type of fabric (read easy to wash) but is strong enough that he can perform moon jumps, space leaps and God only knows what else his imagination comes up with.  There are pockets and zippers all over - the badges are sewn on well and look very official, a funky zipper pull that says "NASA" on it  -- and it even came with a baseball hat (because as Isaac tells me, "Astronauts get messy hair in their space helmets so the hat keeps the citizens from seeing that messiness")

My only complaint on this would be that it's a bit on the small size -- Isaac is 6 years old, and I know he's a tall boy -- I've been buying size 8 pants for him for school -- this suit is a size 6-8, but is pretty short -- I'm sure it would fit "normal" sized children, but it's a perfect size on my long/lanky boy right now -- it will probably be small on him next week!  However, I don't see that as an issue with the company or it's product, just my bean pole of a son!

Overall, I'm very happy with it, and so is he...considering that he has only taken it off for baths (putting it back on again to sleep.  I must say, it makes a lady feel pretty special to have dinner with an Astronaut!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails